>

Search This Blog For Treasures

April 11, 2010

Picture Frame Redo's

Being broke has it's advantage's.  Well, we're really not broke, there just isn't any extra past the bills.  So this has forced me to re-think decorating.  There is so much information out there in the world wide web, you just have to know how to look for it.  Keywords being; diy, upcycling, recycling, redo, revamp, decopauge, hybrid scrapbooking, paper crafting, etc., and blogs are your greatest resources.

This is my first UpCycling of outdated frames and a shelf.


The shelf, in it's former glory, was a cherry color until a .97 cent can of black glossy spray paint from Wal-Mart gave new life to it.  The frames on each end where wood colored frames from Wal-Mart that I've had forever.  The cheapest you can buy, so they were cheap cheap.  Same can of spray paint.  The mats inside these frames are just scrapbook paper, pretty neat huh?  Nice mat's aren't cheap, so I compromised.  The metal frame in the middle is another cheap frame I bought at Target last spring, no upcycling done to this one.  All the beautiful pictures were done by my great friend Erica from Erica Foley Photography I can't help but brag, she's wonderful!

The frames and shelf didn't take long to do, but I maybe should have sanded them first and they probably would not have taken so many coats.  Live and learn.  I was worried at first because the first coat looked like it just bubbled around on top because of the varnish on the wood.  So it was several coats before I was satisfied and then a whole day to dry.

1 comments:

The Foley 5 said...

Hey, those pictures look familiar ;) The look awesome with your creative display! And thanks for the mention :)