>

Search This Blog For Treasures

December 29, 2008

My New Years Resolutions...

  • Just for today, I will not sit in my living room all day in my nightdress. Instead, I will move my computer into the bedroom. 
  • I will no longer waste my time relieving the past, instead I will spend it worrying about the future.
  • I will do less laundry and use more deodorant.
  • I will avoid taking a bath whenever possible and conserve more water. 
  • Assure my lawyer that I will never again show up drunk at a custody hearing. 
  • I will give up chocolates totally. 100%. Completely. Honestly....
  • I resolve to work with neglected children -- my own. 
  • I will stop sending e-mail, ICQ, Instant Messages and be on the phone at the same time with the same person. 
  • I will spend less than one hour a day on the Internet. This, of course, will be hard to estimate since I'm not a clock watcher. 
  • I will read the manual... just as soon as I can find it.
  • I will think of a password other than "password." 
  • I will not tell the same story at every get together. 
  • I won't worry so much. 
  • I will cut my hair. 
  • I will grow my hair. 
  • I will stop considering other people's feelings when they so obviously don't consider mine - if that unwashed fellow sits next to me again, I'll tell him he stinks! 
  • I will be more imaginative. 

    2 comments:

    Roban said...

    Wow! I'm impressed with your beautiful family! I just have one child, a daughter.

    Found you through Octamom. Had to laugh when I read the resolutions. Had to take notes about oven fires when I read about that. I never knew salt could put one out. I hope you get the mess cleaned up...

    Roban

    Julie said...

    Happy New Year!! I am looking forward to hearing how well you hold up to your list!!!! i have made the resolution not to make resolutions - i just get mad at myself and it is oh so not worth it!!!