>

Search This Blog For Treasures

May 5, 2010

Let's Talk About Our Family Heritage...

I have this brilliant idea or maybe in the end, a not so brilliant idea of hanging pictures in a fashion or style on a large wall depicting our family tree.  I probably won't be able to go back more than Scott's and my Great-Grandparents, or use 5x7's or something to be able to fit the frames on the wall without looking too cluttered.

I LOVE knowing about my family.  Even when I was a little girl, which I still am *cough*, I would sit and listen to my family tell stories about their life growing up in Kentucky and about the coal mines.  And my Dad's side of the family were farmers, to hear their stories about working in the cotton fields.  Funny how you find out all this "secret" information that nobody talks about.

This is my Maternal Grandmother with her first four children, I'm sure my Mom was born by then but was absent in the picture because she spent the first few years of her life in the Shriners Hospital In Lexington, KY.  I can only hope that I will be as beautiful as my Ma-Maw.  Wonderful Lady.


My Great-Grandfather & Great- Grandmother, my Grandpa's Mom & Dad.
Left: Great-Grandmother, my Grandmother's Mom  Right: My Grandfather
Left: My Grandmother, beautiful!  Right: One of my Great Uncles, I like this picture and it's colors.

My Mother
My Grandfather on the right, working in the KY coal mines
Wouldn't these pictures look great in some antique frames on the wall?

3 comments:

jolincountry said...

Wow! That is amazing that you have all those pictures! They all look like paintings by Norman Rockwell :)
I don't know what your mom looks like as an adult but I do think you look alot like your grandmother.

Joy said...

I love old photos we have a few but not nearly enough of them.

We have a family tree type picture on our wall it is hubby's family in order: Great Grandparents with 2 small kids on their laps grandfather is one of them, then grandfather's army pic, his dad as a baby, Shane as a little boy, then finally Wyatt about the same age as shane and wearing the same outfit.

I love it, it is in one of those panel type frames so all five are side by side.

The Foley 5 said...

Wow, these photos are amazing! I LOVE old photographs!! Lexi (and Alex too) looks just like your mother as a baby!!!! And you look alot like your grandmother!!