>

Search This Blog For Treasures

September 11, 2008

More Please...

I love fall and when fall comes it brings the changing of the seasons, the colorful leaves that change and fall to the ground. Pumpkins and gourds everywhere. The fresh clean air. The coolness and crispness during the day and the chilly nights. Cuddling up under a blanket with a good book. Ooh, how I love fall. If only it were fall now. I hardly think 80-90 degree weather in September would classify the season change, but I'm ready for it.

So in my pretend fall world I made my favorite bread, pumpkin bread. Yum. I originally made 4 small loaves and about 6 dozen mini muffins, but now all I have left are two small loaves. As soon as I popped the muffins out of the pan the kids were there devouring them.

Pumpkin Bread
Yields 3 Large Loaves

4 Cups Flour 1/2 teaspoon allspice
2/3 teaspoon baking powder 5 eggs
2 1/4 teaspoons baking soda 3 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt 3 cups pumpkin*
1 teaspoon cinnamon 1 1/3 cups oil
1 teaspoon cloves 3/4 cup cold water
1/2 teaspoon ginger

Grease and line bottom of 3 loaf pans with brown paper overlapping ends so loaf can be lifted out when done.

Sift dry ingredients; beat eggs very well, add sugar and beat well. Add pumpkin, oil and water and beat well. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Fill pans about 2/3 full. Bake at 325F for 1 hour, until nicely browned and toothpick comes out clean.

*I recommend using Libby's canned easy pumpkin. For 3 cups you would buy the large can and one small can.

6 comments:

Danie Nicole said...

this has nothing to do with what you posted but i am having the hardest time putting a layout on my blog. i followed the instructions but it gives me an error code every time. how did you get yours to work??

McAngie said...

Are you trying to use the ones from simply fabulous blogger templates? If so you have to download firefox for the template to work. I know that kinda reaks but works the same as explorer.

The Todd's said...

Yummy!!! I can't wait to try this out!

carrhop said...

Looks like a fab recipe! Pumpkin bread is my favorite--it is the taste of the season!

Thanks so much for your prayers for our safety and protection during Ike. We are now inland, the coastal house is secured and we are praying for safe evacuations and diminished winds and water for all concerned.
Blessings!

Rosie : ) said...

That looks amazingly delish! {runs off to add it to her recipe book}

NONE said...

Thank you for bring this to the meeting. It WAS delicious!!