>

Search This Blog For Treasures

September 10, 2008

When One Moves On...

it brings sadness and joy at the same time. Allen graduated high school this past summer and then he had his Eagle Scout ceremony and now it's time to graduate from boot camp. Our soldier is moving on and growing up.

He's in Oklahoma at Fort Sill now and in a few days he'll be in Alabama for more training. He loves what he's doing and says that boot camp is a piece of cake, go figure. I wish that we all could have went this week to see him, but it's just not economically feasible. The gas, the food and rooms big enough for all of us would break the bank. So his Dad went in our place, Granny & Papaw were driving through Tennessee and stopped to pick him up on their way. I'm glad Scott's going, I wish he could go to more things involving his kids. It makes it hard though when they are in another state. But being on both sides of the fence, as a Mom & a StepMom I gladly step aside and let him go alone when it's financially impossible for all of us to go.

If only I could get my kids Dad to talk to them. I feel their hearts break everytime they pick up the phone to call and he won't answer or call them back. And when he does call, he promises the moon and delivers nothing. But honestly, I can't remember the last time he called, maybe a year ago now? Ok, so this post was supposed to be for Allen and now I've rambled onto other things.

Allen we're all so proud of you and you are going to make a fine young man!

5 comments:

Rosie : ) said...

Wow, I cannot imagine my kids leaving the nest anytime soon. It must be nice to see them start their "adult" life, and yet so hard to realize the they are about the start that step.

Good for him fo finding something he loves already. :)

Good luck on your travels and training!

Straight to Your Hart said...

Hi...from WW on 7 clown circus..you have such a cute blog!! I love the posts!

carrhop said...

Our 1 of 8 is beginning to formulate her plans and will be 18 in a couple of months--it is such an exciting time and yet bittersweet!

Best wishes for Allen!
Blessings!

tiarastantrums said...

oh, so sweet and sad!

Amber said...

My BIL was at Ft.Sill for training a few years back. Such a long drive out there with Korben, Matt and my MIL. We vowed never to drive out there again with her. lol

Congrats to Allen on graduating from Training school!!