>

Search This Blog For Treasures

October 1, 2008

Hello October, goodbye September...

I was so excited to wake up this morning to the chill outside. It is so refreshing. I've been long awaiting the fall and today we're one day closer. Our highs today is supposed to be 71, which is fabulous! I have my black velor "maternity" sweat suit on and I am in heaven right now. I'm planning Alex's birthday party two weeks from now and a trip to the local pumpkin patch, and I now have enough leaves in my backyard that I can actually make a pile for the kids to jump in. Sadly though they are not the colorful leaves of fall, just dead leaves that have fallen off the trees from lack of rain here. But I can pretend, right?

6 comments:

Julie said...

I am so jealous, it is 100 degress here in California today. I want desperately to decorate for Fall but feel a little silly when the kids are jumping around in the pool. I'm praying for cooler weather to come SOON. Last week we had a few days of cool and it was FANTASTIC!

Blessings,
Julie

Tina said...

the kiddies party your planning sounds cool. you will have to make sure you take loads of pics!

cool scarecrow lol

Rosie : ) said...

Oh, fall is just starting? That sounds wonderful... here we've almsot had snow recently, it's been freezing! And for a Northerner to complain about it being cold, well, it's probably very cold. {lol} We work in Celcius here, so I have no idea how much Farenheit conversion is, but the temperature hovers around 0 - 5 Celcius, then gets to a *high* of about 10 Celcius during the day. :)

We are doing the clothes conversion this weekend {taking out the massive amounts of containers and switching out the summer/winter clothes}. Big job, but it really needs to be done soon.

McAngie said...

Rosie, I'm jealous. I've moved one state up, but I've decided that I'd like to go north two more states so that I can play in the snow more. I used to not like the cold weather, but something's happened to me as I have began to age. ;)

Leslee P said...

i have been busy... check it out you will not be boared...

The Foley 5 said...

I'm loving this weather too!!! It's perfect!