>

Search This Blog For Treasures

October 9, 2008

The mystery of the wet clothes...

I could not figure out why every time I would go to get this particular load of laundry out of my washing machine that they were always soaking wet. My first thought is "oh no, the new washer is not working right anymore." Ok, so I do the usual rinse & spin to get the extra water out, why I can't just do spin only on this model is beyond me. About an hour later I go back and what do I find again? More soaking wet laundry. (Oh and yes, you do see a few white clothes in with the darks, please ignore ;o )


Yet again, rinse & spin. So this time I left the laundry room door open. Fifteen minutes later I hear beep, beep, beep. My laundry is done, so I finish up what I'm doing before I head off to the laundry room fully expecting to find soaked clothing. But wait, I hear ding, ding ding, ding ding ding. That's really odd, why is it doing that? Upon my arrival to the laundry room I find my beautiful, sweet, adorable little boy mashing all the buttons on the front of the washer. He started it back up again, here comes the water, swish swish. Then he sees me, giggles and says "I helpin Mom". Mystery solved. My little one who wanted so much to help has caused me more laundry, more power and more water. How could I be angry?

Which leads to my next question. Why do they not put child locks on the washer when it's turned off? Sure, I can turn on the child lock feature when the washer is going so he can't turn it back off, but when it's off, there's no way to keep him from turning it back on.

5 comments:

carrhop said...

We had the same 'tech' issue with our washing machine--and the same culprit!! 8 of 8 has delighted in mashing every button he can find on the front of the machine--and left me finding laundry in all kinds of states....sudsy, still unwashed, soaked through....oh yeah!

Glad you enjoyed my vacuum cord 'wisdom'! And sorry about the computer/posting issues--how odd! Glad you can get to me through Mac--I always love hearing from you!!
Blessings!

Jodi said...

LOL! Now you just need to teach him how to do the laundry from start to finish! :)

Can you turn the machine on and lock it even when you aren't using it? I can only lock the door on mine whether it is on or off but the control buttons are fair game. Thankfully I don't have any kids who like to push buttons excessively anymore.

Rosie : ) said...

My washer only locks the door when in use also. Thankfully, our washer is far in the basement, where no kid will venture. ;)

How did he climb up to mash the buttons? a bench, a stool, the countertop?

McAngie said...

Rosie,

All he has to do is stand on his tippie toes to reach it. Because it's a front load washer the buttons are on the front right above the door. And he's very tall for his age.

The Foley 5 said...

Go Alex, surely he can be taught the proper way to run a load from start to finish ... then you'd have it made! LOL I'm suprised there is not a child lock button on it ... maybe something to e-mail the company about ;)