>

Search This Blog For Treasures

October 16, 2008

self-con·fi·dence (slfknf-dns)n. Confidence in oneself or one's own abilities: "Without self-confidence we are as babes in the cradle" Virginia Woolf.

As most of you know I teach the 3rd grade girls on Wednesday nights at church. This year Bethany is in my class. My own child, I wasn't so sure about it, but I thought I'd give it a try. So this 4 week unit we're learning the "The Lord's Prayer", and as usual our lessons have scriptures that the girls are required to read and there are memory verses also. Since this is a new group of girls that came up from the younger class where they weren't required to read aloud in class, I've slowly been replacing my verse reading with them taking turns. I never force any of the girls to read aloud if they don't want to, with my child being one who has difficulties in that area. But last night to my surprise she raised her hand to read. My jaw dropped. I just couldn't believe it. She's never volunteered for such a front line position. We had NIV Bibles so I let her go for it. I did have to help her with alot of the big words, and her flow of sentences were very choppy but I was so proud of her! I think she was proud of herself last night.

I knew those 6:45 am tutoring sessions would pay off!

2 comments:

Angie Morris said...

Awe that's so awesome!!! Go Bethany!

The Foley 5 said...

Oh my goodness, that is so wonderful! Good Job Beth!!!