>

Search This Blog For Treasures

November 12, 2008

Mom Vs. Laundry...

This just seems to be an ongoing, never ending battle everyday at my house. I cannot go one day without doing laundry, if I do, it takes days to catch up. And I always say that on Sunday's I am doing laundry too, but it never fails, I get busy with church and the kids etc. that the laundry is left waiting for me the next day tripled in size.

I have discovered though that the laundry has been cheating in this fight with me. It's unfair advantage is that there are so many kids I leave it up to them to bring me their baskets if they expect clean clothes. But alas, I have caught the slippery varmint. Today on my fifth load of laundry I discovered that the laundry had taken on a quite familiar personality with characteristics of a Mother's folding hands. Yes, to my astonishment, there were clean clothes neatly folded in the dirty clothes basket. Sneaky I must say. Very sneaky.

After I fished out all of the clean laundry and put them in the rightful basket belonging to *cough* the girls, my laundry suddenly dwindled down to one more load.

I won this battle today, but there's still tomorrow....

"Lord, please bless my washer and dryer, for you know how hard they work for me."

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Laundry in neverending in my house as well, and also my least favorite chore. We should invent a dryer that folds the clothes for us...we could be millionaires ;)

jolincountry said...

Agreed 100%. Why don't us larger families get together and invent disposable clothing?! OR a washer/dryer combo machine that washes and dries the clothes without having to switch machines. I've been telling my husband to do this for years. He says its not possible..

Just know every mom is fighting this same battle right along with you.

Julie said...

The laundry, the scurge of the mother of many. I have found those nicely folded items at the bottom of some baskets also. My kids then get to fold ALL the laundry for that day. I am a mean mean mom. lol

Rosie : ) said...

Laundry is evil. Especially with big families. I feel like I can never catch up either. :(

The Foley 5 said...

I feel the same way, except we're only a family of 4! I can't immagine anymore laundry than what I already do!! Kuddos to you and to finding clean laundry, that must have felt like winning the jackpot! hahaha