>

Search This Blog For Treasures

November 5, 2008

Remembering The Important Things...

I took this post from Julie at love, laughter & laundry because it just says the right thing that's in my heart. And like she says, maybe the election didn't go our way, God is still God.

1. The Bible will still have all the answers.

2. Prayer will still work.

3. The Holy Spirit will still move.

4. God will still inhabit the praises of His people.

5. There will still be God-anointed preaching.

6. There will still be singing of praise to God.

7. God will still pour out blessings upon His people.

8. There will still be room at the Cross.

9. Jesus will still love you.

10. Jesus will still save the lost when they come to Him.

Am I fretting? No. Am I angry? No. Am I disappointed? Yes. Why? Well ofcourse it's because the guy I voted for didn't win, LOL, and because there were many many important issues to me. And for another reason, there are going to be my fellow Americans out there complaining about the outcome who didn't even vote. Now, yes, that makes me angry. When you think about what our forefathers did for us and those who died for our freedom and those women who picketed to give women the right to vote and you didn't get out and do it? That's taking things for granted. They made every way possible for everyone to vote, in every city, every town, big or small if you didn't have a way to get there, they would arrange a way for you. So no, you don't have an excuse and no you don't have a right to open your mouth. You gave up that right when you chose not to vote.

Now. On to my Son. When I told him this morning who won he became extremely irritated and mad. I must say that I learned a new side of my child that I didn't know about. I am not very proud of that side of him that I saw. I explained to him that this is the way democracy works, every one who voted had a voice. Blah Blah Blah. He wouldn't have any of it.

So I had to back up, Ok Matt, do you still believe God is still God? His Answer is "yes". Does God still sit on the throne? He answered again "Yes" So why are you upset? You are to go to school with your chin held high and know that your a child of God. Nothing can change that and nothing can take it away. God is still in control, it's not the end of the world and Matt, life will go on. I understand his passion about standing up for what he believes in, but I also believe it can be done with tact and grace that is a witness for Jesus and not like some crazy heathen redneck. Plain and simple.

I know he thinks I'm strange. Sometimes I think I am, but I believe we all have a choice. And this was the choice that the American people made, majority rules. But that doesn't change me, who I am, what I believe, and how I'll be. I'll continue to be passionate about those things that I believe in.

"Through Prayer and petition make all of your requests known to God.."

2 comments:

Leslee P said...

Amen, Sister. Well said. You are not weird, you are a good Mommy just trying to raide well-rounded children with tact that can survive in the world as we know it wether or not they agree with everyone. I was glad to see the lesson you taught him. You go girl!

jolincountry said...

AMEN!!
I'm so proud when I see teenagers taking a stand and KNOWING why they feel that way.
We went to an election party last night and there was about 40 teens rooting for Nobama and when he won, we were all alittle disappointed but, we know we are living out God's Will because we've prayed and voted our heart.
Of course, we all deal with our disappointment in different ways. He needs to learn to deal with it without using anger.. but to put that anger into something constructive. We can't change what has been done, but we can change how we feel about it.
God is most definitely still in control!