>

Search This Blog For Treasures

November 4, 2008

My Vote Is In...

Our morning started bright and early, the kids were out of school today, but they still had to get up at 6am, we had to be at the dentist at 8 for all of their cleanings. I can happily say that they no one has cavities. Yay for me & my wallet! Now, I have to go back this afternoon for mine, so we'll see how that goes.

After the dentist, 1 1/2 hour later, we went to vote. I was surprised to just walk right up and show my id and vote. I probably spent a total of 10 minutes there. I took all of the kids with me to vote. They thought it was neat but I had to threaten Matt within an inch of his life if he stood there bad mouthing the other candidates that he didn't like. What is it with teenagers and their big mouths? His response is "What Momma? We live in America and we have freedom of speech." Well that may be true, but there is a time and a place for that and it's not there. And it's just your opinion and that's exactly what it is for everyone, opinions of who they think should lead our country.

Then we went to have lunch at McCallisters, the kids all got free coupons for lunch for no cavities. Ahhh, free lunch, now they are talking my language.

4 comments:

jolincountry said...

Good for you for voting. We didn't have to battle the lines either. We did early voting.
LOL at big mouthed teenagers. I have a couple of those too. They seem to say the wrong thing at the wrong time sometimes.. lol

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great day! :)

Rosie : ) said...

Silly teenagers. :)

It's nice that you brought your kids to vote. Definetly showing a good example of why it's important to vote. :)

The Foley 5 said...

Horray for voting ... and free lunch ;)