>

Search This Blog For Treasures

March 24, 2009

Feeling The New Mommy Blues...

It's horrible. I hate it. I was really hoping that I would not get them this time. But they creeped up on me. I was doing really well until yesterday. And what's really stupid is that it all started over a pair of pants I tried to put on. That was enough to do it. Yes, vain I know, but still it sent me over the emotional edge. So I spent the whole day yesterday in tears. Poor Amber didn't know what to do to help me, Alex just looked at me like I was weird. I think had I gotten enough rest the night before I would have been fine. Lexi only slept an hour at a time and then Alex had woken up at 3am and wouldn't go back to sleep so I was functioning on about two hours of sleep. I was exhausted. And to make matters worst, Scott had to go out of town this week to work. So it's just me here. But last night was good. Lexi was back to sleeping three hours in between feedings. I let Alex snuggle in my bed, he liked that. So this morning I feel really good compared to yesterday.

Lexi has her weigh in this morning at the pediatricians office, so I'm curious to see how much she has gained since we left the hospital. She's a little piggy. Anytime I pick her up all she wants to do is nurse. My poor nipples look like ground beef, things were going well until yesterday. I think she felt my stress. So I'm very sore now.

And I do promise those pictures, soon, very soon!

5 comments:

jolincountry said...

Oh Angie, (((HUGS)))
I know what you're going through. It's all those crazy pregnancy hormones trying to work their way out.
I'm glad last night was better. I'm hoping today is wonderful.

Danie Nicole said...

you'll be in my prayers!

The Foley 5 said...

Sleep deprivation mixed with hormones is definelty no fun. Hang in there, this too shall pass! Just think, she's not even a week old, so it'll take a little while to get into a routine and then things will be back to normal! Hang in there and let me know if you need anything!!

Jodi said...

((HUGGGGGGS)) to you. Don't be too hard on yourself. Your hormones are on a roller coaster right now and I remember all too well what a night like that can do to you.

Just sit and enjoy your time with Lexi and the other kids. The rest can wait.

Roban said...

Lexi is a beautiful baby! Congratulations! I've looked at your photographs and read your more recent posts. Hopefully, you're feeling better.... I remember the exhaustion but also the joy of being up with my baby when the house was quiet.

Roban