>

Search This Blog For Treasures

June 1, 2009

Insurance Companies Share Your Information...

Last month me and the kids went to the dentist for our cleanings and had x-rays. Today I received a call from our Dentist office telling me that our insurance company was refusing to pay for the x-rays. They had received information from our "old" insurance company about our medical and dental history. It had not been three years since our last pan x-rays, but that was on our old insurance and we have no access to the old dentist to retrieve these. I was also informed by the Dentist office that they thought this was a direct hippaa violation of our privacy since we didn't give permission for our old information to be shared with the new one.

I am furious! I do not know if this is legal or not but you better believe that I am going to find out. I was told that I needed to contact the Insurance Commissioner, but I don't know if I will do that until I have all of my ducks in a row.

So just to let all of my fellow bloggers know that your personal information really isn't your personal information. I will post later after I find out if there are any actions that I need to take other than appealing the claims.

3 comments:

Danie Nicole said...

hippaa is a big deal. if they violated it then it could cost them thousands of dollars. definitely report it.

Joy said...

Oh yea that is a big deal now all the offices have you sign something. I would be looking into it.

see ya tomorrow, I am bringing a friend she also has a baby and a son Wyatt's age

The Foley 5 said...

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this! I won't even get started on my opinions of the healh care system in the US! You're doing the right thing by looking into this and fight it!