>

Search This Blog For Treasures

June 2, 2009

Please Protect Your Child's Feet This Summer...

Today we ventured out to the Splash Pad, a local water park, and when we were leaving I was loading up our stuff into the back of the Suburban when I hear horrible whales coming from a child behind me. I turn to look and realize that a Mother (who had her hands full) was holding onto her toddlers hand and pushing a stroller at the same time was making him walk barefooted across the pavement. It was 90 degrees outside today. I stared in disbelief. This child's feet were burning and she didn't even realize it. She kept telling him to be quiet and come on. My heart sank and I got in my truck and drove away.

I almost cried all the way home because I should have said something to this Mom. She may not have realized that he was crying because he was in pain. But how do you approach someone and what would you say? I feel like such a negligient person for helping the poor kid out.

So please, please, please protect your little ones feet on the hot pavement. Even at the pool I have to make Alex wear water shoes to protect them.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Dang it was scoorchin out there today-she should be forced to walk barefoot across that parking lot!!

BTW glad we got to see ya today, we will have to do it again. Abby was telling her daddy about how she played with Alex today:)

Leslee P said...

that makes me mad.... you are better than me, I would have been sticking my nose all up in her business...