>

Search This Blog For Treasures

September 23, 2009

An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away...

... oh how I wish that were true! I have slept the past two nights on the couch with a sick Alex. His asthma flared up again so we are up and down all night giving breathing treatments and medicine. He takes it all in good stride though. He knows when he's coughing that he needs his meds. And when he gets like this it's very common for him to cough until he gags himself and throws up. Such a big boy, he would climb off the couch and crawl over to the makeshift trashcan I made for him and throw up and get back on the couch saying "I'm ok Mom, I just had to puke." Sigh...

Lexi also had her 6 Mos checkup. She has lost 8 ounces, which I kind of expected it seeing that it's hard to get her to finish a bottle now. And all she wants is food. Poor thing got 4 shots including one of the two flu shots that she needs.

All the kids are growing so much. Amber is becoming the normal grouchy teenager, Matt is ready to get out on his own. Bethany is still Bethany.

3 comments:

Joy said...

I can totally feel ya. Wyatt has the exact same issues. He has breathing issues and god forbid his allergies flare up, then the sniffly nose turns into a cough then the cough gets worse at bed time and usually results in a half awake puking kid. I can count on it every time. so much so I put towels down on the floor now to spare the carpet in his room!

Danie Nicole said...

hey i just thought i would let you know that the number matt called you from this evening is mine. if you want to save it so you'll have a youth staff's number that's fine.

Jodi said...

Billy coughs till he pukes every single time when his asthma flares. I sure hope he is feeling better soon.