>

Search This Blog For Treasures

September 19, 2008

"I Not Doin Nutin, Mom"

This past week Alex has really enjoyed going upstairs to his room and playing by himself. And this isn't a problem other than all the other kids bedrooms are upstairs. So I usually lock their doors and the bathroom door to keep him out of trouble, problem is, he picks the locks. But he's done very well this week and has played only in his room and with his stuff. So he's helped himself into his bed everyday and turned on a movie and every so often he yells "I not doin nutin Mom." This was so cute yesterday. He had gotten so used to me coming upstairs to check on him and asking him what was he doing that he just decided to inform me about every 5 or 10 minutes that he was ok. So after awhile I didn't hear anything from him so I tiptoed upstairs and peaked around the corner and he was asleep, in his bed, hallelujah! So quiet in the house. All the other kids are at school.

Fast forward 2 hours later... Alex comes bopping downstairs naked. He has wet his pants while he was napping, or so I thought. He was grinning from ear to ear and took my hand and pulled me back upstairs "I show you Mom" so here we go, he proudly takes me to his room to show me his pee spot. "I pee on the girws stuff Mom" WHAT?! He peed on the girls barbie blanket and he was proud of it. Ugghh...

What is it about boys and peeing on things? We have 3 bathrooms and he couldn't make it to one of them? I think he's regressed with his potty training. This is very frustrating. But he obviously saw my frustration when I was cleaning up the pee spot and washing the blanket. He walks over to me puts his little hand on my back and says "I sorry Mom, I not pee on the girws stuff no more, I pee on the trees."

4 comments:

The Foley 5 said...

What a little character!!! How can you be mad at that?

Unknown said...

LOL, awwww! That was so cute! But I am glad that Wil doesn't pee on things ;)

Laura said...

Well at least peeing on the trees would be progress! This is one of those stories you will have to embarrass him with when he is a teenager.

Rosie : ) said...

Lol! My neighbour once stopped by my parent's house to inform my Mom that my brother (about 3 or 4 y.o.)stood in the front yard and peed on the big tree almost every day when he was outside. My mother was horrified! {lol} It must be a boy thing.