>

Search This Blog For Treasures

November 14, 2008

Photo Friday


Hosted by Rosie @ Telling Mom


So this is my photo Friday, the story behind the picture you may ask? This is one trip to the Doctors office today. So the items in this picture will be our best friends for the next 5-10 days. This is why Alex gets a flu shot every year.

It started with a runny nose on Wednesday and by Thursday he couldn't breathe and was coughing until he puked. And after being up all night with him changing pajamas and bed sheets I made an appointment first thing this morning. He has an ear infection in both ears and bronchitis caused by his runny nose. All innocent at first but this is how his colds always go. So I actually got ahead of everything and got the right meds for him before it got really bad.

Needless to say I spent a ridiculous amount of money at the pharmacy and I really am thankful that I have insurance or it would have been very expensive, but it always leaves me to thinking about why I pay so much money for insurance and still have to shell out alot of money.

8 comments:

Laura said...

Poor Alex and poor mommy! I must admit though, I am impressed that you can get him to take all that stuff. Do you have to physically sit on him and pour it down his throat or is he a willing medicine taker?

Gwendolyn said...

Yuck! It always costs us a fortune at the doctor's office, too. All but one of us is allergic to penicilin (I have no idea if I spelled that right. Comments should have spell-check.), so we have to get the horribly expensive antibiotics and our insurance is very sad. I need to go to the doctor now, as a matter of fact, and I am postponing it until I feel that I might die at any moment.

McAngie said...

Laura-He's so used to it now he is willing to take it, I always save the best tasting ones last.

Gwendolyn-I hope you get to feeling better soon! I am the same way with myself. I always wait until I feel like I'm about to kick over.

The Todd's said...

Poor Alex! I hate that he gets so sick like that. Never fun!

carrhop said...

Bless your heart! Hope that wellness is on the way!

Blessings!

Rosie : ) said...

Aww, poor thing. We had a child with pretty severe asthma too. We invested in the machine that gives the drugs through a mask, it was worth it when he couldn't breathe. During the worst seasons, it was a big help!

On a positive note, we went for some homeopathy a few years back, and his asthma is now non-existent. We also switched to natural cleaning products, which helped alot too , I think. He might have allergies in the products, soaps, etc, so it could be a more inexpensive option and to help him? :)

I hope he feels better soon. We've been there with the coughing until puking thing, and not able to breathe thing. It is horrible to go through and feel so helpless when they wheeze. :(

Jodi said...

We just went through a bender with Billy too. He does the coughing until he pukes everytime he gets sick. Even if it is a simple cold.

I hope Alex is feeling better soon.

The Foley 5 said...

Poor little man!! That's an aweful lot of medicine :( I'm sorry, hope he gets to feeling better soon!!