>

Search This Blog For Treasures

December 5, 2008

MySpace Users Beware!

We have two computers, a PC and a Mac.  And ofcourse we all know that Mac's just don't get worms and viruses, well I guess they can but you'd have to be a darn rocket scientist to do it.  So anyway, this past weekend I let the kids get on myspace from my login side on the PC, why?, because I have parental controls on all of their logins and it restricts them, but never fear, I am always in the room when they do stuff, safety first!  So anyway, our virus software had just expired, unbeknownst to me, and when they got onto the MySpace it somehow got infected with a worm from there.  So this all started on Saturday and it took until Tuesday to figure out where the virus was and how it got there, but by then it had already dumped a ton of files, yes, my pictures too :( so my hubby just ended up having to dump the whole thing and reformat it and reinstall everything all over again.


During all of this process I have become an avid lover of our Mac.  I didn't like it at first because it was different than the windows I had known and loved.  So in all a lesson has been learned for me and I will now keep all important things on the Mac, including my pictures and will make back ups very often.

Until we meet again...

3 comments:

Gwendolyn said...

Oh no! I would be devastated if I lost all of my pictures. Maybe I should buy a Mac next!

Danie Nicole said...

its my understand that people just haven't written viruses and worms for mac. i'm sure it will happen eventually. sorry about your computer. i had to go through that a few years back. it sucks.

The Foley 5 said...

That sucks, I'm sorry you lost all your pics. I ususally backup on an external hard drive ... but I will eventually have a MAC!! Until then though, I'm stuck with Windows :(