>

Search This Blog For Treasures

January 12, 2009

Yummy Winter Foods... Country-Style Beef Stew

Oh my, I have been trying out new recipes to try and lower our food bill. My idea is to make a meal one day and then leftovers the next. But ofcourse sometimes that means doubling the recipe because there's so many of us. A few of my favorites over the past week has been White Chicken Chili and Potatoe Soup in bread bowls, yummmyyyyy. Maybe they just sound so good because I am pregnant. But my latest and greatest recipe came from a Weight Watchers cookbook, Beef Stew, and only cost $13.00, meat and all! This is for a serving of 8! So double it for leftovers or freeze for individual servings. The best thing about it? Most of the ingredients you already have so it may cost less to make it.

The lowdown on this recipe is:
Serving (1 cup) provides: 1 3/4 Vegetables, 1 1/2 Proteins, 1/2 Bread.

Per Serving: 169 Calories, 3 g Total Fat, 1 g Saturated Fat, 31 mg cholesterol, 89 mg Sodium, 18 g Total Carbohydrate, 3 g Dietary Fiber, 15 g Protein, 30 mg Calcium.

I'd be happy to share the recipe, just drop me an email and I whiz it on over to you!

4 comments:

Rosie : ) said...

Potatoe soup in a bread bowl, yum!

It's time to crack open the hot foods, isn't it, to ward off the winter chill? :)

Amber said...

Hey pass it to me!! and the other two if you have them! I am always looking for new recipes!

If you need my email addy let me know. I can PM it to you on the group's site.

The Foley 5 said...

Yumm! I'd love the recipes!!

Julie said...

i would love all of the recipes you just mentioned if you have the time!! yummy!!!
thanks