>

Search This Blog For Treasures

May 5, 2009

If At First You Don't Succeed...

...try, try again!

Lexi is now going to bed around 8 or 9 PM and sleeping 6 to 7 hours straight! Isn't that the greatest thing you've ever heard?

I have worked really hard with trying to get her to fall asleep on her own by laying her in her crib at a certain time while she's still awake and her soothing herself to sleep. She whined about it at first but I kept returning to her crib and comforting her by picking her up for a moment or patting her or with her pacifier. So now the whimpering doesn't last too long and they aren't really even cries, mostly grunts and snorts. Yes I'm talking about a child not a pig, lol! She's also nursing around every 4 hours versus the 2 hours while she's awake.

4 comments:

Joy said...

I don't care how many times you have done the whole momma thing it never seems to be a breeze the next time around? I have been working on L with her nap times (yes I know she is not mine but heck I have her 8hrs a day so I might as well fix any problems I can)

I am glad you have gotten to boobas back to yourself for a little longer stretch of time.

Jodi said...

I love when the nursing spreads out a bit. Those first couple of months are a lot to take.

Enjoy your sleep!

The Todd's said...

That is awesome McAng!! I am so jealous!!!

Roban said...

I'm impressed! I never quite got the hang of letting my daughter fall back asleep on her own. She really, really needed a paci or a blankie, but the blankie didn't come until much, much later!

Take care,
Roban